10 Free Health and Fitness Tips You Have to Know About
We all can do simple things to improve our health. Here are 10 health and fitness tips which you can incorporate into your daily routine starting now.
10 Health and fitness tips
1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day. Not drinking enough water leads to fatigue and a false sense of hunger. If you drink enough you’ll find it easier to maintain a healthy diet and a high energy level.
2. Sleep at least 7 hours each night. If our body doesn’t get enough sleep it works less efficiently throughout the day. Sleep is also the time when our muscles develop. Not sleeping enough makes us more prone to turn our calories to ugly fat instead of lean muscle tissue.
3. Stretch before bedtime. Stretching keeps the muscles, joints, and tendons fit and limber. It also reduces the chances of injury.
4. Reduce stress. Stress has many unwanted effects on the body: it leads to overeating, it disrupts the ordinary function of internal organs, it causes the eruption of skin blemishes and acne, and much more. Reducing stress will keep you more healthy and beautiful.
5. Reduce alcohol. Alcohol is rich in calories and sugar. It can wreak havoc on the liver and kidneys. I’m not saying stop drinking entirely, just limit it to social events and make sure not to go overboard.
6. Exercise 3 times a week at least. Exercising keeps our body lean and healthy. You need to engage in both strength and cardiovascular workouts and make sure to pay attention to every muscle group. You will not only look better, you will also feel better.
7. Quit smoking. Whether you’re smoking cigarettes or anything else, just stop. Smoking is one of the worst things for your health and fitness level. It practically harms every bodily system. It also turns your teeth yellow and may damage your skin and vocal cords. So just quit.
8. Do something which challenges your mind. The connection between mind and body is crucial to your health. Like any other body part, you need to exercise your brain in order to keep it at the top of its game. Whether you do that by reading a good book, solving a puzzle, taking a class, or whatever you feel like, keeping your brain in shape is a must.
9. Watch what you eat. Try to cut down the amount of trans fat, processed sugar and white carbs that you eat. Instead, eat more fresh vegetables and fruit, complex carbs, and lean protein like chicken or turkey.
10. Enjoy yourself. Having fun once in a while is very important. Make sure to have a good laugh once every day. It loosens you up, gets your blood flowing, releases tension and stress, and is just plain fun. It’s also very healthy.